- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp sriracha chili sauce
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari or liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Basil chopped
- Slivered or sliced almonds or peanuts
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker (cut in half if desired). In a small pot, combine all other ingredients on medium heat and allow to warm through until the almond butter combines with the rest of the ingredients. Pour sauce over chicken and turn slow cooker to low.
- Cook for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken at end of cooking, if desired.
- The sauce can also be made by microwaving all ingredients in a medium glass bowl for 15-30 seconds or until almond butter melts and incorporates thoroughly.
- This recipe has a bit of spice which makes it taste amazing! You can reduce the spice by using less sriracha and/or black pepper.
- Over zucchini noodles
- With stir-fried vegetables like broccoli, edamame, pea pods, carrots, bell peppers and/or onions
- Atop brown rice, quinoa or other whole grain
- Over soba or rice noodles