- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 2 green or red bell peppers, chopped
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 28oz can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. thyme
- In a stockpot, saute onion and garlic in oil over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add eggplant and stir fry for 5 minutes. Add peppers, cooking for 3-4 minutes and then zucchini for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add seasonings and tomatoes, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish to protein on its own or as a sauce on spaghetti squash or quinoa.
NOTE: If you prefer it thicker, simply drain the tomatoes before adding to the pot.