- 2-3lb sugar pumpkin, outer layer & seeds removed, chopped (can use pre-cut butternut squash as well)
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2″ piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 4 cups bone broth
- 3 Tbls white miso
- 2 Tbls lime juice
- toppings: cream or coconut cream drizzle, toasted pepitas, sesame seeds, chopped green onion, cilantro
- Heat oven to 425F. Toss chopped pumpkin with 1 Tbls olive oil, some salt & pepper and roast for 40 minutes until caramelized and soft.
- In a stockpot, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger & shallots for a few minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
- Add roasted pumpkin to the pot and stir. Add broth, remove from heat and use an immersion blender to puree everything.
- In a small bowl, mix miso with 2-3 Tbls warm water until it forms a paste.
- Put pureed soup back over medium-low heat and add miso, stirring to combine.
- Serve with lime juice and favorite toppings