- 4lbs Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 red or yellow onion, diced
- 4-6 hardboiled eggs (just depending how eggy you like your potato salad)
- 1/2 cup paleo-friendly mayo (we love Primal Kitchen, especially their Garlic Aioli mayo!)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (do NOT get flavored yogurt here!)
- 2 Tbls Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbls apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbls chopped dill
- 2 Tbls chopped scallions
- Soft cook the potatoes any way you like. Boil in water for 5-6 minutes or throw in your Instant Pot along with 1 cup water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Whisk together mayo, yogurt, mustard, vinegar, salt & pepper.
- In a large bowl, mash together potatoes, celery, onion, eggs & most of the dressing. Stir in herbs & taste if it needs more herbs.
- Can sit overnight in the fridge. Wait until ready to serve to mix in remaining dressing. Top with any herbs you like – parsley is pretty!
- Can replace all mayo with plain Greek yogurt for lower fat.
- Can parboil potatoes and chill overnight for a lower glycemic load to this recipe.
- Play with flavors here! Smoked paprika, garlic powder and even some spicy cayenne can add a lot of pop to this dish. A little bit of chopped cooked bacon also takes this dish WAY up a notch for a special occasion!
- For a vegan version, simply omit the eggs and swap mayo and yogurt for dairy-free brands that you like.
- For a different texture, try simply mixing everything instead of mashing.