What you can expect from your skin & bodywork therapist at St. Jude Wellness Center:
- St. Jude Wellness Center has a passion for wellness that focuses on physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. We are committed to respect the uniqueness of each individual. All of our massage therapists and estheticians are committed to excellence and take pride in delivering personalized, effective service.
- Therapists at St. Jude Wellness Center practice in strict compliance with CA state laws.
- St. Jude Wellness Center is an adult facility and appropriate for guests 18 years of age and older. Children under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times during their treatment session
- Mutual respect, courtesy, professionalism confidentiality and dignity between you and your therapist.
Prior to Booking Skin & Bodywork Appointments:
- A current Health History form must be completed prior to service. You may complete an accurate disclosure of health information/medical conditions during intake (please arrive at least 15-20 minutes early upon your first visit), specifically any health conditions, allergies, or injuries which could affect your service is necessary in order to facilitate proper treatment.
- Clients who are pregnant, have had recent surgery, or have any other medical concerns are advised to consult their physician or healthcare professional before booking a treatment session.
Pregnancy: It is ideal for pregnancy massage to be provided once the client has obtained medical approval. Pregnancy massage is not advisable until after the first trimester/12-weeks.
Oncology: Clients that are receiving oncological treatments, specially lymph node removal, recent surgery or radiation are requested to disclose prior to your massage or facial as specialized training is required for the safety of this population.
Edema: Blood clots, deep vein thrombosis, lymphedema and other causes and risk for swelling in the legs or arm must be disclosed prior to massage & facial and noted on the health history form.
- Massage therapy sessions are 20 or 50 minutes. Facials are 60 minutes.
- Please do not wear makeup to your facial appointment.
- Check in will take place in the first floor lobby. Clients will then be directed to the elevator and will wait in the 2nd floor lobby or community area for therapist or esthetician to pick you up. Please do not walk past the room dividers without your therapist.
- For the privacy and serenity of all clients, please wait for your therapist in the 2nd floor lobby & please turn off any cameras or mobile phones or put them on silent.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to the start of your scheduled appointment to allow yourself time to use the restroom facilities; fill out any necessary paperwork; or reconcile appointment payment.
- The therapist may provide explanation of the nature of the session and techniques to be used, however hands-on assessment may warrant changes during the session.
- Discuss your expectations for your massage or facial with your therapist so they understand your preferences.
- The client has a right to consent to the massage or facial techniques and approaches, including the level of manual pressure used in the massage and the ability to request adjustments to pressure at any time during the massage treatment session.
Please note: Not all therapist are able to provide all services and levels of pressure. It is advisable to check with the front desk during the time of booking to ensure you are booked with the best therapist for your needs.
- The therapist has the right to refuse the application of deep or firm pressure for your safety and their own.
- Massage therapists may use dry hands, or oil and/or lotion. If you’re allergic to oils or lotions or any essential oils, it is your responsibility to tell your massage therapist beforehand.
- As the client you have the right to determine if there will be conversation, music or quiet during the massage session.
Disrobing and Draping
- Before your service, your therapist will discuss with you the area(s) to be massaged and to what level disrobing may be most effective. You may disrobe to your comfort level as discussed with the therapist. Depending on the treatment, clothing may be required to facilitate proper access to muscles.
- Professional draping is performed throughout your treatment session.
- Client may not alter draping without discussing with the therapist.
During Your Treatment
- It is your responsibility as a client to communicate if you feel uncomfortable at any time for whatever reason (pressure, mobility, draping, warmth, conversation, music, etc.) during the massage.
- Client may ask additional area(s) to be included, keeping in mind that the therapist must adhere to a strict time schedule.
- Your massage therapist will check on pressure and comfort throughout your appointment. However, if you’re uncomfortable at any time, do not wait for the therapist to ask, tell your massage therapist right away.
- If desired, your therapist or esthetician may provide personalized product recommendations to continue your skin and body health at home.
Right to Terminate Treatment Session
- Both the client and or the therapist have the right to stop a treatment session and report to Wellness Center Leadership anything they feel is inappropriate. Inappropriate or otherwise threatening behavior will not be tolerated.
After Massage Treatment
- Clients have right to give feedback on the services provided.
- Clients’ privacy and confidentiality will be respected and maintained.
- Appropriate professional boundaries will be maintained.