- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup raw chopped pecans
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon and 1 ½ tsp cinnamon (divided)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp cold unsalted (grass-fed) butter, cut into very small cubes
- 5 or 6 medium-size Honeycrisp or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2-3 Tbls cup pure maple syrup or allulose
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 9 X 12 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make the topping: Combine the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and pecans in a large bowl until well-combined. Add in the pieces of butter and use your hands to squeeze and combine until the mixture becomes crumbly and resembles wet sand. Once finished, place topping in the fridge and begin making the apple filling.
- Make the filling: Place apples, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a large bowl and toss to combine. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Take 1/3 cup of the topping mixture and toss with the apple mixture. Place the apple mixture in prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with topping.
- Bake the crisp on a baking sheet for 55-60 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Serve warm with your favorite vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.