- 1 lb bones (at least 1 marrow bone creates wonderful flavor & adds good collagen & glycine, but any mix of bones is great)
- 4-5 cups chopped up vegetables (hearty vegetables like onion, carrot, celery, garlic, etc)
- 1 piece konbu seaweed (optional but adds iodine)
- 2-3 Tbls mushroom powder or 1/2 cup dried mushrooms
- 1 Tbls each of favorite herbs (oregano, basil, turmeric, cumin, Italian herb blends)
- 1 Tbls each sea salt & pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- splash apple cider vinegar
- water to fill pot
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot or Crockpot, with bones on the bottom.
- Fill with water to cover all ingredients up to max line of your pot.
- Give a good stir and cover. Cook on low for 20-24 hours (use the slow cooker function if using your Instant Pot)
- Once finished, let cool a strain out all the broth into jars or freezer cubes.
- Use broth for more than just soups! Cook your rice or other grains in it for tons of flavor & nutrition, use it to thin dressings or sauces instead of water, or add some sea salt and sip on it as a snack or mini meal.