Is there anything better than cracking a hard-boiled egg and removing the peel in just 2 perfect pieces, then finding the yolk bright orangey-yellow and delightfully soft? No, we argue there is not. Which is why we want you to know how to make the perfect hard-boiled egg yourself so you can experience this joy over and over again!
Instant Pot Method (our preferred method simply for convenience and consistency)
- Add cup water to Instant Pot and put steamer tray on top.
- Add up to 12 eggs, seal the lid and set on high for 5 minutes.
- Release the steam through the vent and use a tongs to carefully remove the eggs and place into a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs from water and let cool and dry on a towel before putting back in the fridge.
- Cover eggs in a stockpot with 1 inch of water and add a splash of vinegar.
- Bring to boil, cover with lid and remove from heat for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the ice water and cooling process.
Now, what on earth to do with them? Hard-boiled eggs are delicious for breakfast on their own, but that can get old, so here are our top 10 favorite new uses for you to try!
- Hard-boiled eggs on their own, but change up the seasoning! Try furikake, Everything But the Bagel seasoning, dill & sea salt, or smoked paprika!
- Potato & Egg Salad: this is like no other potato salad you’ve had before!
- New & Improved Egg Salad
- Greek Yogurt Deviled Eggs (just trust us on this one)
- Egg & Avocado Bowl
- Shaved Egg Avocado Toast (taking avocado toast to a whole new level!)
- Nicoise Salad (no, no one knows how to pronounce this J )
- Tuna Salad Sandwich
- The Perfect Cobb (yep, perfect)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (what?!)