- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 14 oz ground beef
- 5 small potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 can pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cup beef stock
- 3 tsp dried herbs
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- fresh herbs to garnish (ie: oregano)
- Mince the onion and garlic. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pan. Add the minced onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Add the minced beef and cook until brown. Set aside.
- Chop the potatoes, carrots, pumpkin and cabbage.
- Move the onion and beef mixture into a big kettle. Add the crushed tomatoes, beef stock, potatoes, carrots and dried herbs. Add some water if needed. Bring to a boil and let the soup simmer for 10 minutes. Add the pumpkin and cabbage and let it simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes (until all vegetables are cooked).
- Season the soup with salt and pepper. Add some sweet chilli sauce if you like it spicy.
- You can garnish the portions with some fresh herbs if you like.