- 1 lb. baby cucumbers
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. tamari sauce
- 1 Tbls. sesame oil
- 1 Tbls. pureed ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- Optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, hot chili oil
- Quarter the baby cucumbers lengthwise into strips.
- Toss cucumbers with sugar and salt and let stand 30 minutes. Drain and liquids that came from cucumbers, then toss with rice vinegar and tamari.
- Whisk sesame oil, garlic and ginger together and pour over cucumbers.
- Top with sesame seeds and hot chili oil to serve.
NOTES: Regular cucumbers in slices works well in this recipe instead of baby cucumbers if desired. You can also toss everything together as a marinade and let cucumbers sit for 30 minutes for a faster process. Delicious as an afternoon snack!