- 8oz dark or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk, whole milk or whipping cream
- Optional add-ins (1/4 -1/2 tsp of any): espresso powder, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, sea salt, vanilla extract
- Chop the chocolate bars into fine pieces and put into a heat-safe bowl.
- Bring milk to a low simmer – careful not to boil. Once steaming, pour over chocolate pieces and stir consistently until melted and creamy.
- Add desired flavorings. Use immediately as a sauce or let cool and thicken to use as a spread. Can also be frozen in ice cube trays.
Ideas for use:
- Drizzle on top of ice cream, yogurt or ricotta cheese!
- Drizzle over almond butter on your oatmeal or toast.
- Dip in fruit as a fondue or let chill for a harder chocolate fruit shell.
- Spread on top of muffins as a frosting or pipe into the center for a chocolate surprise!
- Mix a large spoonful with warm milk for a hot cocoa.
- Roll energy balls in ganache, then chill or freeze for a truffle-type snack.
- Add a spoonful to smoothies.
- Pour over a crust of crushed nuts baked with coconut oil for a tart.
- Eat a spoonful when a chocolate craving hits!