- 4 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise & de-seeded
- avocado oil or olive oil spray
- 2 Tbls avocado oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef or bison
- 2 Tbls taco seasoning (we like Frontier Co-Op or Siete)
- 1 package Right Rice Spanish flavor, cooked
- Topping options: parmesan cheese, green onions, cilantro, avocado slice
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lay bell peppers halves in a baking dish, cut side up & spray with oil. Bake for 25min.
- Meanwhile, saute onion & garlic in avocado oil over medium heat. Add cabbage and stir every so often to coat in oil, adding another Tbls oil if needed. saute until cabbage wilts and starts to brown.
- Make a hole in the middle of the veggies and add ground meat. Stir & flip the meat to cook in the center until starting to look almost cooked, then stir everything together along with seasonings.
- Once meat is fully cooked, add in cooked rice and stir again.
- Spoon mixture into cooked bell peppers halves. Can add toppings & eat as is, or can add some grated parmesan cheese to the top of each and bake again another 5-10 minutes for a cheesy topping & softer bell peppers.
- Feel free to use regular cooked rice or quinoa – just know carb content will be higher.
- Can also add a can of tomatoes or tomato sauce for a saucier, more Italian flavor. Or add can black beans & salsa for more Tex-Mex.
- Cabbage can be replaced with about 4 cups of any other chopped vegetable.