- 1 lb ground beef*
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 Tbls garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 head romaine or butterleaf lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar roasted bell peppers, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- lemon juice
- Favorite burger toppings: pickles, shredded cheese, sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbls no sugar added ketchup
- 1 Tbls tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 Tbls pickle relish
- 2 tsp onion powder
- pinch salt & pepper
- Heat a pan with avocado oil over medium heat, add ground meat & seasonings and brown until fully cooked. (Alternatively, you can make actual burger patties and grill or sear these)
- While meat cooks, assemble bowls with remaining ingredients & drizzle with lemon juice. Whisk together secret sauce.
- Add cooked meat to the bowls and drizzle with secret sauce. Finish with favorite toppings.
- Use any ground meat you like. Aim for grass fed whenever possible. You can also swap this for a plant-based ground meat but read ingredients on these products carefully.
- We personally love to caramelize the onions but that is an added step.