- 5 oz spring greens salad blend
- 2 tart apples (Granny Smith, Gala, Pink Lady)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted pecans
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1 ½ Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the dressing: in a jar or cup, add the vinegar, honey, mustard and salt and pepper and combine with a whisk. Then, slowly stream in the olive oil into the mixture as you continuously whisk it to form a stable emulsion.
- Core the apples and chop them into thin slices.
- Place the greens into a large serving bowl. Add the sliced apples and chopped pecans. Use a fork to crumble the goat cheese into the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad – you might not need to use all of it, so start with less and then toss it and add more to taste. Ideally, the dressing should lightly coat the greens.
- This dish is perfect as a side dish.
- To make it a balanced meal, simply add 3-4 oz of protein (tofu, hard-boiled eggs, fish, chicken or lean meat)
- Experiment with using pears or different roasted nuts or seeds to make it your own!