The foods we eat are so important for keeping our skin looking youthful! Vitamins A, C, and D have anti-aging properties that can protect your skin from damage and help with new skin growth. Healthy fats are needed to help with absorption of vitamins and lean cuts of protein will provide collagen. As always, you can find a lot of great benefits in whole foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, fish, and lean proteins.
Here is a list of foods that are packed with vitamins, antioxidants, healthy fats, and protein for anti-aging and collagen production:
- Colorful vegetables like red bell peppers, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. Eat the bowl with these Stuffed Bell Peppers!
- Bright fruits like blueberries (in Baked Oatmeal!), apples, and pomegranates.
- Leafy greens like watercress, spinach, and kale. Cheese Pizza Kale Chips anyone?
- Healthy fats from avocados, nuts, and olive oil. Oranges, Fennel & Avocado in a salad – yummmm.
- Good sources of protein like fish packed with omega-3 or lean cuts of meat. You can add literally any protein to this Cold Soba Salad and it will be amazing. Tofu, salmon, chicken…!
Hydration is also key to maintaining skin health!! Water is essential for keeping moisture in the skin and dehydration may lead to aging and inflammation in the body. Try one of these infused water combos!