- 1 cup nuts
- 1 cup dried fruit
- ½ cup pitted dates
- Optional add-ins: unsweetened coconut, cocoa powder, lemon zest, cinnamon, crystallized ginger, cacao nibs, chia seeds, nutmeg, instant coffee
- Combo Ideas:
- Apricot-coconut-almond, blueberry-lemon-cashew, cherry-goji berry-walnut, cranberry-pecan, fig-cocoa-almond
- (Optional) Roast nuts for a few minutes until fragrant to enhance flavor.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until sticky and clumpy and a large ball starts to form.
- Lay plastic wrap or parchment paper into an 8×8 baking dish and press the sticky ball into the dish, pressing down so that it fills the square shape.
- Chill overnight then cut into 16 bars, wrap individually with plastic wrap or parchment paper and store in refrigerator. Will also keep frozen for up to 3 months.
NOTE: You can roll the dough into small balls for rounded bites instead.
COCOA ADAPTATION: 1 cup dates + 1 cup walnuts + 1 Tbls cacao powder